Contributing Streams command is used to automatically compute and trace the upstream drainage tributaries that contribute runoff to the selected location (Outlet point) on the Map View.
Follow these steps to use Contributing Streams command:
- From the Watershed ribbon menu, select the Contributing Streams command.
- The Contributing Streams dialog box will be displayed.
- Provide the preferred name for the layer group in the Layer group name input field. This input field identifies the layer group that displays the contributing stream network on the Map View in the Map Data Layers panel.
- Select Delete previously computed contributing streams(s) check box to delete any previously traced contributing stream network.
- Click on [OK] button. The Contributing Streams dialog box will temporarily disappear, and a prompt will be displayed on the status bar.
- Click on a point on the Map View to place the downstream outlet point. The software will snap the outlet point to the nearest stream, and then compute and trace the upstream drainage stream network.
- Once the process is complete, a delineated contributing stream network will appear on the Map View as shown below.