The Duplicate Current Scenario command in GeoHECRAS allows the user to make identical copies of the current scenario (plan). These copies are independent and do not interact with the original scenario after it has been made. The user can optionally make a copy of the current geometry and steady/unsteady flow data.
Follow the steps given below to use the Duplicate Current Scenario command.
- From the Input ribbon menu, click the Scenario Manager dropdown menu and then select the Duplicate Current Scenario command.
- The Duplicate Current Scenario dialog box will be displayed.
Note that if the project is of an unsteady flow model, then the Steady flow checkbox will be changed to an Unsteady flow checkbox as shown below.
- Enter the scenario name in the Scenario (plan) checkbox entry field to create an identical copy of the current scenario (plan). By default, the Scenario (plan) checkbox is checked. If unchecked, then the Scenario (plan) entry field along with the Short ID and Description fields are disabled.
- Enter the unique short id in the Short ID entry field for the scenario.
- Enter the description in the Description field to describe the scenario.
- Alternatively, the user can optionally check the Geometry and Steady flow checkboxes to make identical copies of the current scenario’s Geometry Data and Steady Flow Data.
Note that the geometry data and unsteady flow data are helpful when the user needs to create different alternative designs for comparison—like when comparing different bridge opening designs, etc.
- Click the [Apply] button and a copy of the current scenario will be created.