The Detach Polygons command of CivilGEO’s software allows the user to detach one or more polygons from a set of adjoining (adjacent) polygons that have shared boundary polylines, creating separated polygon boundaries.
Follow the steps below to use the Detach Polygons command:
- From the Map Edit ribbon menu, select the Detach Polygons command.
- The Detach Polygons dialog box will be displayed.
- Click the [Pick] button. The Detach Polygons dialog box will temporarily disappear, and a prompt will be displayed on the status bar instructing the user to select the polygon(s) to be detached.
- Click on the polygon(s) in the Map View to select them. Once finished, press the [Enter] key or right-click and select Done from the displayed context menu.
- The Detach Polygons dialog box will be redisplayed and the total number of selected polygon(s) will be displayed in the Pick polygons read-only entry, as shown below.
Note that if a polygon(s) has been preselected before running this command, the same number of selected polygon(s) will be displayed in the Pick polygons read-only entry.
- The user can click the [Clear] button to cancel the previous selection and redo the entire process.
- Click the [OK] button.
- The software will then detach the selected polygon(s) by offsetting the selected polygons from the adjoining polygons by a short distance.
Note that if more than one polygon is selected, then the separated polygons should be moved from the center of the polygon selection set in an outward direction (like an exploding star).