This article describes the necessary administrative steps to add a new user or new administrator to the CivilGEO Licensing Portal.
Follow these steps:
- Log in to the CivilGEO Licensing Portal as a Licensing Portal administrator. The Licensing Portal dashboard will be displayed.
- From the left side panel, click on the List users menu item under the Accounts & Users section.
- The Users page will be displayed. This page lists the users associated with your organization that have access to software licenses and/or the Licensing Portal.
- Before continuing, confirm that the user’s name does not already exist in the list. If the user already exists, then you can edit or delete the user by clicking on the user’s name. Otherwise, continue to the next step to create a new user.
- Expand the Actions dropdown menu and select the Create option.
- The Create User page will be displayed. This page requires that several fields be completed.
- Follow these instructions before filling out the fields.
- Use the default settings for the first three radio buttons items in the User Info section.
- Select whether you want this user to receive email notifications. However, the new user’s email address is required as this is how he or she will get login information to the Licensing Portal.
- Before saving the user information, you need to link the user to your organization. To link the user to your organization, expand the Actions dropdown menu listed under the Accounts section at the bottom of the page and select the Link Accounts option.
- A new screen will display that allows you to link the user to your organization, as well as choose the Role for this user.
- Selecting the check box for Portal Admin User Role will allow the user to manage all other users in your organization contained in the portal.
- Selecting the check box for Portal User Role will allow the user to only see the licenses and entitlements granted to them. The user will not be able to see any other information about your organization.
- When finished, click the [OK] button.
- A confirmation will be displayed indicating that the new user has been successfully created.
- Click the [Save] button at the bottom of the page to save the settings.
- The new user or administrator will soon receive an email with a link and password for initial login. The user will be prompted to change his password when he first logs into the Licensing Portal.
If you encounter issues administering the CivilGEO Licensing Portal, please CivilGEO technical support. Our team will be glad to assist you further.