A Node-Locked Workstation License is bound to an individual computer. If you need to renew a node-locked workstation license, you will first need to return the License from the computer that the workstation license resides on back to the Licensing Portal. Then, you can activate the workstation license again on your computer.
To renew an existing software license, contact our customer support and ask them to help get your software license renewal processed – they will be glad to assist you.
After the CivilGEO Licensing Team successfully renews your software license, the user will receive an Entitlement Certificate through an email.
Once you have received an email that contains Activation ID from the CivilGEO Licensing Team or from CivilGEO Licensing Portal, follow the steps given below to renew your software license:
How to Return the Node-Locked Workstation License?
To return the license, follow the steps below:
- Start up the software on the computer that the node-locked workstation license is to be deactivated from.
- Select File | Help. This will display the Help backstage page.
- From the Help backstage page, click on the [License Manager] button.
- The License Manager dialog box will be displayed.
- Choose the Move Node-Locked License option. Note that this option will be disabled (i.e., grayed out), if a node-locked workstation license is not active on the computer. Click on the [Next>] button.
- Click on the [Return License] button to return the License back to the License Portal.
- If the License is successfully returned to the License Portal, click on the [Done] button to close the dialog box.
- If the License was not successfully returned to the Licensing Portal or the following dialog box is displayed, click on [Return License] again. If you continue to encounter the same issue, contact CivilGEO technical support.
How to Activate the Node-Locked Workstation License?
The next step is to activate a Node-Locked Workstation License, see this article.
If you face any issues while renewing the existing software license, contact our technical support. They will be glad to assist you further.