Our software is licensed as a Node-Locked Workstation License, Floating Network License, or Cloud License.
To get a Floating Network License to work within a local area network (LAN) environment, a Network License Server needs to be installed on a computer within the network. The Network License Server runs as a Windows service on the computer it is installed on.
The computer that the Network License Server is installed on can be any kind of computer (i.e., workstation or server), but must be assigned a static IP address in order for the software to find the Network License Server. The video link below describes how to assign a static IP address.
If you have not yet activated the Floating Network License, refer to this article in our knowledge base.
Before activating a Product Network License, you need to have the IP address of the Network License Server and the port number that the Network License Server is using.
How to get the Network License Server Information?
To view the Network License Server Information, follow the steps below:
- From the computer that the Network License Server is installed on, click on the Windows Start button.
- From the Windows Start menu, launch the CivilGEO License Server Configuration utility. The following dialog box will be displayed.
- Select the Display Floating License Information option and click the [Next>] button.
- The software should display the IP address of the Network License Server and the port that the License Server is using.
- Copy the port number and the Network License Server IP address to the clipboard.
Product Network License Activation
To activate the product network license, first, make certain that the software is successfully installed on the computer it is to be run from. Then, start up the software and follow the steps below:
- Select File | About. This will display the About backstage page.
- Click the [License Manager] button.
- Select the Activate LAN-based floating network license option. Click the [Next>] button.
- The software will then prompt for the IP address and the port of the Network License Server. Paste the earlier copied IP address and the port of the Network License Server in the corresponding entries. Click the [Test Connection] button.
- If the Test Connection succeeds and the following message is displayed, then the software has located the Network License Server.
- Click on the [Next>] button to activate the network license for the current computer. The software will then use the Network License Server to acquire a Floating License from this point forward. Click on the [Done] button to close the License Manager.
If the Test Connection fails and you get an error message, then refer to this article in our knowledge base.
If you are still having issues, contact the CivilGEO technical support team. They will be glad to assist you further.