Our software is licensed as either a Node-Locked Workstation License, Floating Network License, or Cloud License.
Cloud Licensing utilizes a Network License Server hosted in the cloud that manages pools of licenses. This type of license can be used by multiple users wherever they are located, as long as they have access to the Internet.
This article describes how to activate a Cloud License.
Before activating a Cloud License, you need to have the Server ID of the Cloud License Server. The Server ID will be provided to you by the CivilGEO Licensing team or CivilGEO Customer Portal (in the form of an email). You can also access your Server ID from the CivilGEO Customer Portal.
How to get the Server ID from the CivilGEO Customer Portal?
To retrieve the Server ID through the CivilGEO Customer Portal, follow the steps below:
- Click here to access the CivilGEO Customer Portal through your Internet browser. The following login screen will be displayed.
Alternatively, start up CivilGEO’s software and select the Software Portal command from the Help ribbon menu.
- Enter the registered email address and password. Then, click on the [SIGN IN] button.
- The CivilGEO Customer Portal dashboard will be displayed.
- From the left side panel, click on the Licenses menu item.
- The Licenses page will be displayed listing all the licenses associated with your organization. You can see one or more entries corresponding to the cloud servers hosting your licenses.
- The License Server ID is shown in the Activation ID column. Copy the Server ID to the clipboard and save it.
- You can now close the webpage containing the CivilGEO Customer Portal.
Cloud License Activation
To activate the Cloud License, first make certain that the software has been successfully installed on the computer on which it is to run. Then, start up the software and follow the steps below:
- Select File | About. This will display the About backstage page.
- Click the [License Manager] button.
- Select the Activate cloud-based floating network license radio button. Then, click the [Next>] button.
- The software will then prompt for the Server ID. Paste the earlier copied Server ID in the Server ID field and click the [Test Connection] button.
- If the Test Connection succeeds, the software will have found the Cloud License Server. Click the [Next>] button to activate the Cloud License for the current computer.
- The software will then use the Cloud License Server for acquiring a Cloud License from that point forward.
- Click on the [Done] button to close the License Manager.
- If the Test Connection fails, you may get the following error message. In this case, the Server ID that was entered is incorrect. Reenter the correct Server ID and try again. If you are still encountering issues, contact CivilGEO technical support. They will be glad to assist you further.
- If the following dialog box is displayed, the software is unable to connect to the Cloud License Server. Please check your Internet connection and/or firewall settings. If you are still encountering issues, contact our technical support. They will be glad to assist you further.