This article discusses how to activate a node-locked license. There are two types of node-locked licenses:
- Trial License
- Workstation License
Both a Node-Locked Trial License and a Node-Locked Workstation License are bound to an individual computer. A Trial License cannot be moved to another computer, but a Node-Locked Workstation License can be moved a limited number of times if necessary. If the ability to run the software on multiple computers is important, then you will need to obtain a Floating Network License or Cloud License.
How to Activate the License?
To activate a Trial License or Workstation License, first, make certain that the software has been successfully installed on the computer it is to be operated on.
Next, you should have received an email that contains the Activation ID from the CivilGEO Licensing Team or from the CivilGEO Licensing Portal. Follow these steps:
- Start up the software.
- Select File | Help. This will display the Help backstage page.
- From the Help backstage page, click on the [License Manager] button.
- The License Manager dialog box will be displayed. Choose the Activate Trial Evaluation License or Activate Node-Locked Standalone License option. Click on the [Next>] button.
- Copy the provided Activation ID from the email and paste it into the Activation ID field within the License Manager. Due to the length of the Activation ID, it is recommended that you paste the Activation ID directly into the field using the [Paste] button.
- Make certain that the computer has an Internet connection. Then, click on the [Next>] button.
- If the Activation ID validation succeeds, the license information will be displayed. You can then start using the software.
- If the Activation ID validation fails, the below message dialog box will be displayed.
If you receive the above message dialog box, then you will be returned to the previous screen. You can then re-enter a valid Activation ID and try validating again.
If you experience any issues while activating the license, contact our technical support. They will be glad to assist you further.