In GeoHECHMS, the Merge Reaches command is used to merge two or more connected reaches (end to end along an alignment) into a single reach. This article describes how to use the Merge Reaches command.
Follow the steps below to merge two or more reaches:
- From the Input ribbon menu, click the Routing Reaches dropdown menu and select the Merge Reaches command.
- The Merge Reaches dialog box will be displayed.
- Click the [Pick] button to select the reaches to be merged.
- The Merge Reaches dialog box will temporarily disappear, and a prompt will be displayed on the status bar instructing the user what to do next.
- Select reaches that are connected along a single alignment to merge from the Map View.
- When finished, press the [Enter] key or right-click and select Done from the displayed context menu.
- The Merge Reaches dialog box will be redisplayed, and the number of selected reaches will be displayed in the Pick Reaches read-only field, as shown below.
Note that if the reaches have been preselected prior to running this command, the same number of selected reaches will be displayed in the Pick Reaches read-only field.
- Click the [OK] button and the software will then merge the selected reaches into a single reach.
- If the user has selected reaches that are not connected along a single alignment, the following informational dialog box will be displayed on clicking the [OK] button.