The Watershed Boundaries command displays the Watershed Boundary Dataset (WBD) from the USGS web map service, which shows the watershed boundary data on the Map View.
Follow these steps to see the watershed boundaries on the Map View.
- From the Watershed ribbon menu, click the Watershed Boundaries command.
- The Watershed Boundaries Data dialog box will be displayed.
- In the General Specifications section the default layer group name is Watershed Boundaries and can be changed by the user.
- In the Select Data to Display section, the user can choose the watershed boundaries layers to display on the Map View. The user can use the provided default selection as these are typical layers used. However, the user can experiment with the various layers to customize what watershed boundaries to be displayed on the Map View. To return to the default settings, click the [Default] button.
Note that the layer display is dynamic, and changes as you zoom in and out. For example, at a continent zoom level, only the large watershed regions are displayed. The smaller watershed subareas are not. As you zoom in, more and more detail will be presented and more of the smaller watershed subareas will be displayed.
- When the options have been properly defined, click the [OK] button and the software will display the selected watershed boundaries as individual layers on the Map View.
- The software will then place the selected watershed layers in a layer group in the Map Data Layers panel. Expand the group to see the available layers.