Network deployment provides an efficient way to install and license CivilGEO software on multiple computers. However, configuration issues may occur when setting up a Network License Server on Windows Server 2016. This is because some of the administrative roles have changed in Windows Server 2016, with HTTP Redirection and ASP.NET being disabled by default.
This article helps resolve configuration issues when setting up a Network License Server on Windows Server 2016.
Check the Network License Server
The first step is to check to see if the Network License Server can release software licenses to the network, even though the Network License Server is properly installed.
To check that the Network License Server is able to release licenses to the network, follow these steps:
- From the computer that has Windows Server 2016 in which the Network License Manager is installed on, click on the Windows Start button.
- From the Windows Start menu, find and launch the CivilGEO License Server Configuration application.
- The CivilGEO License Server Configuration application will start up.
- Select Display License Server Information option and then click the [Next>] button.
- A listing of available network licenses will be listed for each CivilGEO software application. However, if no licenses are listed or the subscription expiration date is invalid, there are some items on the Windows Server 2016 that need to be properly configured for the Network License Server to pool licenses on the network. This is because some administrative roles and features are disabled by default on Windows Server 2016.
Configuring Windows Server 2016
This section describes how to configure HTTP Redirection and ASP.NET on Windows Server 2016 so that software licenses can be made available on the network.
Follow these steps:
- From the Windows Server 2016 that the Network License Manager is installed on, click on the Windows Start button to display the Windows menu.
- Open the Run dialog box and type ServerManager. Then click on the [OK] button.
- The Server Manager will be displayed. In the Server Manager Dashboard, click on the Add roles and features menu item.
- The Add Roles and Features Wizard will be displayed. Choose the Server Selection option. Next, select the computer on which you have installed CivilGEO Floating Network License Server. Then, click the [Next>] button.
- Choose the Server Roles option. Make certain that the HTTP Redirection option is checked, as shown below.
- Similarly, make certain that the ASP.NET 3.5 option is checked, as shown below. Enabling this option will also enable other items as shown below. Then, click the [Next] button.
- Choose the Features option. Make certain that the ASP.NET 4.6 option is checked, as shown below.
- Click the [Next>] button. The Wizard will display the confirmation page. Make certain to uncheck the Restart the destination server automatically if required checkbox option.
- Click the [Install] button. This will install the options that have been selected. Once the installation has finished, close the Server Manager.
- Start up the CivilGEO License Server Configuration application. Choose the Display License Server Information option. Then, click the [Next>] button.
- Verify the number of installed network licenses from the displayed panel.
This article should resolve your Network License Server installation and configuration issues. If you are still having issues, contact our technical support. They will be glad to assist you further.