Our software is available as a node-locked workstation license or a floating network license. This article discusses how to move the Network License Server, used to manage the floating network license, from one computer to another.
The Network License Server manages the check-out and check-in of floating network licenses on a network. The Network License Server runs as a service on the computer that it is installed on.
To move the Network License Server to another computer, you will first have to deactivate the license key from the computer that the floating network license resides on. Then, you can install the Network License Server on the new computer.
How to Deactivate the License Key?
To deactivate the license key, follow these steps:
- Start up the CivilGEO License Server Configuration software on the computer that the floating network license is to be deactivated from. You can find this software from the Windows Start menu.
- Choose the Deactivate License Server option.
- Click on the [Next>] button. The software will display a dropdown combo box allowing you to select the software floating network license to deactivate.
- After selecting the software to deactivate, click on the [Next>] button.
- A confirmation dialog box will appear to confirm if you want to deactivate the Network License Server.
Click on the [Yes] button to confirm you want to deactivate the Network License Server.
- The License Server Deactivation Key string will be displayed.
- Click on the [Copy] button. The License Server Deactivation Key will then be copied on to the clipboard.
- Provide the License Server Deactivation Key to your CivilGEO account manager or a technical support engineer at [email protected]vilgeo.com or [email protected].
- The Network License Server can then be stopped and uninstalled from the current computer, if desired.
- For the next step in moving the Network License Server to the new computer, see this article.