GeoHECRAS now utilizes an improved and easier to operate FlexNet software licensing technology from Flexera Software.
Before you start migrating your current GeoHECRAS software license to this new licensing technology, be sure to review the following:
- Make certain that the computer on which the Network License Server is installed has an Internet connection.
- Make sure that there is a valid GeoHECRAS software license available on the computer.
- Make sure that you are logged in as an administrator (i.e., not a standard user).
To migrate your current GeoHECRAS floating network licenses to this new technology, follow these steps:
- Launch the License Server Configuration software. If the GeoHECRAS floating network license has not yet been migrated to FlexNet, the following Network License Migration Utility dialog box will be displayed.
- Enter the email address in the Email ID field that you want CivilGEO to use in licensing communication and then click on the [Migrate] button. (Note that CivilGEO will use the provided email ID for all future license-related communications.)
- This utility will then automatically migrate the GeoHECRAS software license to FlexNet licensing technology. This may take a couple of minutes.
- If the license migration succeeds, the following dialog box will be displayed. The utility will then present you with one or more Activation IDs for the migrated GeoHECRAS software license(s).
- The Activation IDs should be copied to the clipboard and then saved. The Activation IDs are used to activate the migrated licenses using License Server Configuration software. (Note that the Activation IDs are also emailed to the previously provided email address.)
- Close the Network License Migration Utility.
- The next step is to Activate a Floating Network License.
If the migration fails, the software will display an error message. Try the solutions listed below or contact CivilGEO technical support and our engineers will gladly assist you.
Having issues migrating the Floating Network License? Start here.
- If the following dialog box is displayed, the software is unable to connect to the CivilGEO License Server. Please check your Internet connection and/or firewall settings. If you continue to encounter issues, contact our technical support. They will gladly assist you further.
- If the following message box is displayed, then the software is unable to migrate the software license. Please contact our technical support. Again, they will gladly assist you.