The CivilGEO Licensing Portal is an easy-to-use, web-based portal that gives you complete access to your account information as well as the ability to view Entitlements, Activation IDs, product usage, and download the latest version of software.
There are two types of user groups that can use the Licensing Portal:
Administrators can view, create, and manage portal users and administrators within the organization.
After logging in to the CivilGEO Licensing Portal using the provided username and password, the portal dashboard will be displayed.
- To view and/or edit the user profiles, click on the username drop-down menu shown in the upper right corner of the window.
- All fields in the Edit User Profile page can be edited except for the username, email address, and account.
Generating a License Listing
Clicking on the List Entitlements menu item under the Activation & Entitlements section, a list of Activatable Licenses available to your organization will be listed. Activatable licences are licenses that can be activated. If there are no licenses listed on the displayed page, all available licenses have previously been activated.
To generate a list of all the licenses (both activatable and deployed) for your organization, follow these steps:
- From the left side panel, click on the List Entitlements menu item under the Activation & Entitlements section.
- The List Entitlements page will be displayed. Place the cursor over the filter icon to display the filter selection list. Check the checkbox Show fulfilled lines entry and click the [Apply] button.
- A list of all deployed entitlements will be displayed for your organization. Each line item represents a license entitlement and includes the Activation ID, Entitlement ID, Product Name, License Version and License Expiration Date.
Managing Devices (i.e., License Servers)
The Devices section gives access to licenses associated with your account. A device is a license server type.
There are three types of license servers:
- Standalone Device (Workstation License)
- Local License Server (Floating Network License Server)
- Cloud License Server
Listing Devices (i.e., License Servers)
- From the left side panel, click on the Devices menu item under the Devices section.
- The displayed page will list one or more entries corresponding to the license servers (i.e., devices) hosting your software licenses.
- On this page, the license server list can be filtered by license type and status.
- Place the cursor over the filter icon to display the filter selection list. Check the checkboxes for the license server Type (or types) and Status to view.
- Click the [Apply] button to filter the license servers according to the selection. The number shown in the red bubble displays how many filters are active.
- To view details of a specific license server, click on its Name.
- The View Server page will be displayed. This page lists all the details related to the selected license server.
Previewing Licenses on a License Server (i.e., Device)
On the Devices page, place the cursor over the License info link in the Licenses column of the license server. A preview panel will be displayed that shows the Product Name, Product Version, License Quantity and Expiration Date.
Managing Software Downloads
The Downloads section gives access to download the licensed products associated with your account.
From the left side panel, click on the List Downloads menu item under the Downloads section. The Downloads page is displayed. This page lists all the software downloads available to your account.
From the left side panel, click on the Search Downloads menu item under the Downloads section. The Download Search page is displayed. This page can be used to locate a download package or file using its product name or version. The search results can be sorted based on either Relevance or Date.
The licensing portal will list the download packages and files that match the entered search criteria.
From the left side panel, click on the Recent Releases menu item under the Downloads section. The Recent Releases page is displayed. This page lists the downloads that are linked to a specific release. This list includes downloads for products released in the last 30, 60, 90, and 120 days—as indicated by the dropdown filter selection.
The list shows the download package description, version, and date it was added. Click the download package description to see the files in that download package.
Recent Files Added
From the left side panel, click on the Recent Files Added menu item under the Downloads section. The Recent Files Added page is displayed. This page lists the recently added files of the last 30, 60, 90, and 120 days—as indicated by the dropdown filter selection.
The list shows the file description and the date it was added. Click the file description to see the download package associated with that file.
Refer to this Knowledge Base article on how to download the latest release software through the CivilGEO Licensing Portal.
Managing Accounts and Users
The Accounts & Users section gives access to the accounts and users associated with your organization.
From the left side panel, click on the List Accounts menu item under the Accounts & Users section. The Accounts page will be displayed. This page lists the accounts associated with your organization.
From the left side panel, click on the List Users menu item under the Accounts & Users section. The Users page will be displayed. This page lists the users in your organization that have access to software licenses and the Licensing Portal.
The Licensing Portal administrator can add new users and administrators to the licensing portal.
Creating New Portal Users and Administrators
Click here to read the Knowledge Base article on how to create new Licensing Portal users and administrators.