The Global Copy command can be used to copy elements from one scenario to other existing scenarios, and to add these elements to other loaded projects.
This allows a user to quickly copy elements to other scenarios and create new models based on existing ones. This is particularly useful for engineers who want to study and visualize the effects of modifications made to a model. This helps an engineer make faster and better design decisions.
Using Global Copy command in GeoHECRAS
You can use the Global Copy command to copy these HEC-RAS elements to other scenarios:
- River reaches
- Cross sections
- Roadway crossings
- Inline structures
- Lateral structures
- Storage areas
- 2D flow areas
Take note that when any of the above elements are copied, any sub-elements associated with that element are also copied automatically.
Follow these steps to use Global Copy command in GeoHECRAS:
- From the Input ribbon menu, select the Global Copy command.
- The Global Copy dialog box is displayed.
- In the Global Copy dialog box, follow these steps:
- In the Element Selection section, click Pick. The dialog box will temporarily disappear. Select the HEC-RAS elements on the Map View to copy.
- After selecting the elements to copy, right-click, and select Done from the displayed context menu. The dialog box will reappear and will show the number of selected elements.
- In the Copy Elements to Target section, use the GeoHECRAS (loaded) project drop-down combo box to select the project where you want to copy the selected elements to.
Note: The target project must already be open in GeoHECRAS.
- In the Geometry drop-down combo box, select the geometry file to copy the selected elements, or click New to create a new geometry file.
- Click the [OK] button.
The selected elements will be copied to the target project and corresponding geometry file.