The Format Painter command allows the user to quickly apply the same formatting, such as color, font style and size, and border style, to multiple pieces of text or graphics. It allows you to copy all the formatting from one object and apply it to another one – think of it as the copying and pasting of a formatting style.
To use the Format Painter command, follow these steps:
- Select the text or graphics element that has the formatting that you want to copy.
- From the Home ribbon menu, select the Format Painter command. The pointer will change to a paintbrush icon.
- Select the text or graphics element to which the formatting will be applied. Note that this will allow you to format only a single element.
- To change the format of multiple elements, double-click the Format Painter command and then select other similar elements to automatically apply that same formatting.
- To stop formatting, press the [ESC] key.