Our software is licensed as a single workstation license, floating network license, or cloud license.
To get a floating network license to work within a local area network (LAN) environment, a Network License Server needs to be installed on a computer within the network. The Network License Server manages the check-out and check-in of floating network licenses on the network. The Network License Server runs as a Windows service on the computer that it is installed on.
The computer that the Network License Server is installed on can be any kind of computer (i.e., workstation or server), but must be assigned a static IP address for the software to find the Network License Server.
How to Get the Network License Server?
To get the Network License Server software for your floating network license, you need to provide some information about the computer that the Network License Server will be installed on. The selected computer does not have to be a network server—any computer will do that is accessible on the local area network.
Follow these steps to determine this information:
- Download License Server Configuration Setup.exe software from here and save the file to any local drive on the computer where the network license service will be installed on.
- Run the License Server Configuration Setup.exe file.
- Click the [Next] button on the following screen:
- Turn on I accept the terms in the license agreement radio button, and then click the [Next] button.
- Click the [Install] button.
- After the installation is complete, click the [Finish] button.
- The CivilGEO License Server Configuration application screen will be displayed.
- Select the Display License Server ID radio button option and then click the [Next>] button.
- The software will display the License Server ID and the License Server network IP address for the computer it is installed on.
- Copy the License Server ID and the License Server network IP address. Send this information to your CivilGEO account manager or technical support engineer at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- A technical support representative will email you a Network License Server that is specific for the above data that you provided. Usually this occurs within a short period of time, but may take up to 24 hours during normal business days. You can call CivilGEO to expedite this process.
If you are still having issues, contact our technical support. They will be glad to assist you further.
The next step is installing the Network License Server.