Our software is licensed as a Node-Locked Workstation License, Floating Network License, or Cloud License.
To get a Floating Network License to work within a local area network (LAN) environment, you first need a computer within the network that can be used as a Network License Server. The Network License Server manages the check-out and check-in of floating network licenses on the network. The Network License Server runs as a Windows service on the computer that it is installed on.
The computer that the Network License Server is installed on can be any kind of computer (i.e., workstation or server), but must be assigned a static IP address for the software to find the Network License Server.
How to Get the Network License Server?
To get the Network License Server software for your floating network license, you need to receive an email from the CivilGEO Licensing Team or CivilGEO Licensing Portal. This email contains an Activation ID and a link to download the License Server Configuration software.
Once you have received the email, follow these steps:
- Download the License Server Configuration Setup.exe software from the link provided in the email and save the file to any local drive on the computer where the network license service will be installed. If you are unable to download the License Server Configuration software from the link, contact CivilGEO technical support.
- Run the License Server Configuration Setup.exe file.
- Click the [Next] button on the following screen.
- Select the I accept the terms in the license agreement radio button option and then click the [Next] button.
- Click the [Install] button.
- After the installation is complete, click the [Finish] button.
- The CivilGEO License Server Configuration application screen will be displayed.
- Select the Activate Floating Network License radio button option and then click the [Next>] button.
- Copy the provided Activation ID from the email and paste it into the Enter Activation ID field using the [Paste] button. Click on the [Activate] button.
- If the Activation ID validation succeeds, the following dialog box will be displayed. You can now close the application.
- If the Activation ID validation fails, the software will display an error message. Try validating again by clicking the [Activate] button. If you continue to see this error message, contact CivilGEO technical support.
Verifying the Network License Server Status
Once the installation has successfully finished, the Network License Server will be automatically updated as Running within Microsoft Windows Services. To verify the Network License Server status, follow these steps:
- From the computer that the License Server installed on, click on the Windows Start Button.
- From the Windows Start menu, launch the CivilGEO License Server Configuration utility.
- Select Display Installed Network Licenses option and click the [Next>] button.
- You should see the License Server status as Running.
- The CivilGEO License Server Configuration utility also displays the product name, the total number of available software licenses, the number of software licenses that are currently in use (checked out), the product subscription expiry date, and the Activation ID.
If you are still having issues, contact our technical support. They will be glad to assist you further.
The next step is to Activate a Product Network License.