The Find Address command of CivilGEO software allows the user to select a location on the Map View and retrieve the corresponding street address.
Follow the steps below to use the Find Address command:
- From the View ribbon menu, select the Find Address command.
- The Find Address dialog box will be displayed.
- Click the [Pick] button, and the Find Address dialog box will temporarily disappear.
- The status bar (shown under the Map View) will prompt you to select a location on the Map View.
- Click the location on the Map View to lookup the corresponding address.
- After selecting the location, the user is immediately returned to the Find Address dialog box, and the chosen location’s latitude-longitude as well as the corresponding address will be displayed in the Address, Latitude, and Longitude entry fields.
- Click the [Copy] button to copy the retrieved address to the clipboard.
- Click the [Clear] button to clear the defined location and redo the entire process.
- Click the [Lookup] button to define the location on the Map View.
Note that the [Lookup] button will be disabled (i.e., grayed out) up until the user has selected a location on the Map View.
- The software will then place and identify the address pin as a layer group in the Map Data Layers panel.