You can easily export a HEC-HMS model as an AutoCAD or MicroStation drawing file using Export HEC-HMS to CAD command. This allows the HEC‑HMS model data to be shared with other CAD software.
Follow the steps below to export the HEC‑HMS model to AutoCAD or MicroStation:
- From the Input ribbon menu, select Export Data menu item, and then choose Export HEC‑HMS to CAD command.
- The Export HEC‑HMS to CAD dialog box will be displayed.
The following sections describe the Export HEC-HMS to CAD command and how to interact with the above dialog box.
CAD Drawing File
HEC‑HMS Input Data
This tabbed panel allows the user to specify the Coordinate Reference System (CRS) for the CAD drawing.
Exported Coordinate Reference System
- Use project CRS: When this option is selected, the project’s CRS is assigned to the CAD drawing.
- Use local CRS: This option can be used when the project does not have its own CRS defined. When this option is selected, the local CRS of the data layer is assigned to the CAD drawing.
- Select different CRS: When this option is selected, the Select Coordinate Reference System section gets enabled. From this section, the user can browse through all the supported CRS contained within the software and select the desired CRS.
Coordinate Reference System Information
Select Coordinate Reference System
- Projected CRS Regions: Using this tab, the user can browse to the supported CRS for the location of interest by expanding the continent, country, and then local region.
- Projected CRS Listings: Using this tab, the user can browse through all the supported CRS pertaining to a selected projection.
To learn more about coordinate reference systems, refer to this article in our knowledge base.
Exporting the HEC-HMS Model
After specifying the options as desired, click the [Export] button. The CAD drawing file will be exported to the specified location.
Note that only the current scenario (or plan) will be written out to the CAD drawing file. Separate drawing files will need to be created if multiple scenarios are to be exported to AutoCAD.