The Detach Polylines command of CivilGEO’s software allows the user to detach one or more polylines from their connection points—whether or not the polylines are connected to nodes or directly to other polylines.
Once the polyline(s) have been detached from their connection points, the user can then drag the polyline(s) away and connect the polyline(s) to different nodes or polylines.
Follow the steps below to use the Detach Polylines command:
- From the Map Edit ribbon menu, select the Detach Polylines
- The Detach Polylines dialog box will be displayed.
- Click on the [Pick] The Detach Polylines dialog box will temporarily disappear, and a prompt will be displayed on the status bar instructing the user to select the CAD or GIS polyline(s) to be detached.
- Click on the CAD or GIS polyline(s) in the Map View to select them. Once finished, press the [Enter] key or right-click and select Done from the displayed context menu.
- The Detach Polylines dialog box will be redisplayed and the total number of selected polyline(s) will be displayed in the Pick polylines read-only entry, as shown below.
Note that if a polyline(s) has been preselected before running this command, the same number of selected polyline(s) will be displayed in the Pick polylines read-only entry
- Then, click on the [OK] The software will detach the selected polyline(s) by offsetting the selected polyline at the connection point by a short distance.
- The user can click the [Clear] button to cancel the previous selection and redo the entire process.
Note that the selected polyline(s) to detach must be connected to other polylines. Otherwise, the following informational dialog box will be displayed.